Dear Brides, this Chapter 6 Making the Most of Schedule "Number Your Days" is so full of practical wisdom that you can incorporate into your days. Starting off by SG first each morning for what you need to do each day is by far the best advice in this lesson. Each suggestion Erin gives in this lesson, she's lived and I am incorporating into my own life and I am enjoying the organization and order they provide to my family life, and you will too.
Psalm 90:12 (NKJV) "So teach us to number our days that we may present to Thee a heart of wisdom". I like this verse because it reminds me of the fact that my Beloved is a God of order and His wisdom is infinite. When it comes to taking care of my family and home, I want to follow His example.
This lesson also renewed my mind on the importance of SG each and every morning for His plan for my day. I used to not do this before and would go about trying to do "my own thing" in regard to taking care of my family and would end up frustrated, wondering why I wasn't accomplishing much each day.
Other things this lesson renewed my mind to:
- The importance of having an organized place to keep daily information that I need, and to tweak it whenever things in my life or family change.
- How to rely more on my cell phone features in regard to telephone numbers, the calendar, notes, etc.
- I love Erin's suggestion of keeping a current list of my family's sizes in clothing and shoes updated to make life easier-including a section for my EH ( I used to do this years ago when I first read Workers@Home when my two older children were younger but stopped after a while).
- To keep my Prayer List on me. I already keep a small tablet in my purse with verses to encourage me and keep my mind renewed throughout the day. Now I plan on adding my Prayer List to it and be diligent pray for others when they ask me to, so I don't forget.
- The correct way to make a list of things to do. My mind's renewed on how valuable pre-planning is. And to prioritize the errands on my list in regard to distance, importance, etc.
Each one of the principles outlined in this Chapter 6 Making the Most of Schedule "Number Your Days" will help me accomplish more each day as my Beloved leads me and enable me to prioritize my life more. I am not an organized person normally, but the more I study Workers @ Home and implementing the wisdom that is in each chapter, I'm getting better and these are valuable lessons to teach my younger girls.
I will be implementing these principles and tips in my own life starting with seeking my Beloved's will for me each day. I know that my life and my family will have variations sometimes, but as long as I rejoice in my HH and not give in to frustration, it'll all work out for my good.
If you have the desire to accomplish more in your day then let's pray: My awesome HH, help me to always remember to seek You first, not just at the beginning of each day, but throughout the day so that I am certain that I am living in the center of Your will for me. Help me to not run ahead of You and lean on my own understanding when problems or challenges arise. Help me to wait for Your answer and not be so impatient when making big and small decisions in my life. This lesson has so much wisdom in it, but I know that without You I can't do anything. I desire to be closer to You and it is You that I want most to please. Continue molding me into the bride that You are coming back for. I want to be everything You've called me to be so that I can be the right example to my daughters and other ladies that You bring into my life.
Philippians 4:4 (NKJV) "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice! This verse reminds me to continue to rejoice in the Lord, no matter how crazy my life gets or what I am challenged with. I need to remind myself of this daily!"
The Workers@Home Course is so full of practical, God-inspired wisdom that not only wives can use, but also single ladies. It's never too early to live our lives in an organized and orderly fashion. Each of the principles and examples from this book that I've implemented into my own life has been such a blessing and so very needed. Any woman who applies these lessons in her own life and family will reap the same benefits. workers@home is definitely a must-have and a definite keeper!
In each of the 15 weekly lessons, the methods and principles that keep Erin's life running smoothly are there to help you get inspired. The chapters in this book will be your constant resource for getting your life to run smoothly: organizing and scheduling your time, meals, clutter, cleaning, laundry, and even sewing. Whether you need help managing the time God has given you, or an easier way to get things done, you will refer to this book again and again!
★★★★★ 29 Reviews